Frequently Asked Questions
What does non-denominational mean?
WBC is independent of any denominational system. We hold to a doctrinal position that is consistent with historic evangelical Christianity.
Is there a dress code at WBC?
The simple answer is no. There is liberty in dress, however it should be modest and appropriate for the occasion.
What Bible version is used?
Our pew Bible is the New King James Version. Other versions are used in some scripture reading. Our Senior Pastor preaches from the NKJV.
What does WBC have for children?
Children are a very important part of WBC. Psalm 145:4 says, “One generation shall commend your works to another, and shall declare your mighty acts.” We believe it is our privilege and duty to pass on the Christian faith to the next generation. To learn more, please visit the Children’s Ministry page under the “Ministries” menu.
Whiting Bible Church Annual Summer Video Series on Sundays at 6pm
July 29 – September 2
You are cordially invited to attend our Annual Summer Video Series for 2018.
The Christianity, Cults & Religions DVD-based study helps Christians know what they believe and why. By comparing Christianity with groups such as Mormons and Jehovah’s Witnesses, people have a better grasp about what the Bible says about Who Jesus is and the message of the Gospel. This six-session study simply explains the history, background, and beliefs of the most common world religions and cultic groups: Islam, Buddhism, Mormonism, Jehovah’s Witnesses and other groups.
- July 29th – “Definitions, Discernment, and Defending the Faith – Six key elements”
- August 5th – “Essential Christian Doctrine – Key beliefs”
- August 12th – “Jehovah’s Witnesses (Watchtower Society)” – History, founder, practices and beliefs.
- August 19th – “Mormonism (Latter Day Saints)” – History, founder and beliefs.
- August 26th – “Eastern Spirituality: Hinduism, Buddhism, and New Age”
- September 2nd -“Islam” – History, founder, practices and beliefs.